In the damp earth-huts, in twilight of the trenches –
I’ve never met the bad people there.
The soldier, whom I’ve never known,
Gave me the caporal without any word.
Your letter with the risk and exraordinary
The signalman as usual to me was carrying.
By turning the wheel of car with all his might,
The driver’s got me to the headquarters staff.
As angel, though hardly any wing could point,
The doctor bent to me in military hospital.
It seems to me that here Russia had collected
The best of all, that could be gathered ever.
You May Also Like:
- A.Blok, Not After That… – Translation(Rus.)
- A.Fet, A Butterfly – Translation(Rus.)
- I.Tsaryov, Between Black And White – Translation(Rus.)
- M.Tsvetaeva, In The Luxembourgh Garden – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Tvardovsky, And I’M Aware… – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Blok, There Evening As… – Translation (Rus.)
- B.Okudzhava, Good-Buy, Boys – Song – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Blok, I Change One Execution For Another… – Translation (Rus.)