By Bulat Okudzhava
Ah, that war… What you did, dastard though:
All our court-yards became so silent.
Our boys raised their heads, in one moment
They grew older without a smile.
They flashed quickly on threshold, in row
They were leaving: a soldier to soldier…
Good buy, boys! Boys, I just call –
Be so careful to return, dear…
Don’t hide, be brave, high in your motion,
Don’t grudge a bullet or grenade there,
Don’t spare yourself, but although
Be so careful to return, dear.
Ah, this war… What you did, dastard so:
There is parting instead of a wedding ring.
Our girls their white dresses now
All presented for the junior kids.
Boots? – How could you escape from them?
And the wings of the green shoulder straps…
Don’t care of gossips, as ever,
We are able to win all the bad.
Let they chatter of lack of faith so,
Let they say, that you guess on the bad…
Good buy, girls! Girls, I just call –
Be so careful to return back…
You May Also Like:
- A.Blok, Not After That… – Translation(Rus.)
- A.Fet, A Butterfly – Translation(Rus.)
- I.Tsaryov, Between Black And White – Translation(Rus.)
- M.Tsvetaeva, In The Luxembourgh Garden – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Tvardovsky, And I’M Aware… – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Blok, There Evening As… – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Blok, I Change One Execution For Another… – Translation (Rus.)
- Kostantin Nikolsky – I’m The One… – Song – Translation (Rus.)