The song about the Earth
by Vladimir Vysotsky
Who has said, that all’s burned to the ground,
And you can’t sow seed in the soil?
Who has said, that the earth’s deadly downed?
No, it hided itself for time now.
The maternity couldn’t be torn
From the earth, as the sea couldn’t be scooped out.
Who has got a belief in the burn?
No, the earth only turned black from woe.
As the cut lines, the trenches have laid,
And the shell holes like the wounds’re yawning,
The earth’s naked nerves do sustain
The extra-terrestial bad sufferings.
It will stand all, and wait over all.
Don’t consider the earth as a cripple.
Who has said that the earth can’t sing song,
And she is now mute and stopped singing?
No, she rings loud, stunning the moan,
From her wounds all, from all air-holes,
Because earth is the true our soul,
No one could by boots trample soul.
Who has said that the earth came to death?
No it hided itself for the some time…
You May Also Like:
- A.Blok, Not After That… – Translation(Rus.)
- A.Fet, A Butterfly – Translation(Rus.)
- I.Tsaryov, Between Black And White – Translation(Rus.)
- M.Tsvetaeva, In The Luxembourgh Garden – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Tvardovsky, And I’M Aware… – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Blok, There Evening As… – Translation (Rus.)
- B.Okudzhava, Good-Buy, Boys – Song – Translation (Rus.)
- A.Blok, I Change One Execution For Another… – Translation (Rus.)