Is this a holy thing to see.
In a rich and fruitful land.
Babes reduced to misery.
Fed with cold and usurous hand?
Is that trembling cry a song?
Can it be a song of joy?
And so many children poor?
It is a land of poverty!
And their sun does never shine.
And their fields are bleak & bare.
And their ways are fill’d with thorns
It is eternal winter there.
For where-e’er the sun does shine.
And where-e’er the rain does fall:
Babe can never hunger there,
Nor poverty the mind appall.
You May Also Like:
- Jerusalem: I See The Four-Fold Man, The Humanity In Deadly Sleep
- The Caverns Of The Grave I’Ve Seen
- The Book Of Urizen: Chapter Ii
- The Book Of Urizen: Chapter I
- The Sky Is An Immortal Tent Built By The Sons Of Los
- The Book Of Urizen: Chapter Ix
- The Book Of Urizen: Chapter Vii
- The Book Of Urizen: Preludium