England! awake! awake! awake!
Jerusalem thy Sister calls!
Why wilt thou sleep the sleep of death
And close her from thy ancient walls?
Thy hills and valleys felt her feet
Gently upon their bosoms move:
Thy gates beheld sweet Zion’s ways:
Then was a time of joy and love.
And now the time returns again:
Our souls exult, and London’s towers
Receive the Lamb of God to dwell
In England’s green and pleasant bowers.
You May Also Like:
- Jerusalem: I See The Four-Fold Man, The Humanity In Deadly Sleep
- The Caverns Of The Grave I’Ve Seen
- The Book Of Urizen: Chapter Ii
- The Book Of Urizen: Chapter I
- The Sky Is An Immortal Tent Built By The Sons Of Los
- The Book Of Urizen: Chapter Ix
- The Book Of Urizen: Chapter Vii
- The Book Of Urizen: Preludium