Polturam visited kingdom of Bahrain
Going on foot, not by air or train;
Met His Highness
Wearing royal dress
Nawab said, ‘Poltu, sing and bring rain.’
Bahrain is a country situated in southwest Asia.
Tansen (1520-1585 A.D.) [ during the reign of emperor Akbar (1542-1605 A.D.) ] was a singer who could bring shower by singing.
He used to sing ‘Megha-mallar’ a tune in Indian Classical Music for bringing shower. Later he composed a tune known as ‘Miyan-ki-mallar’
Probably the then Nawab of Bahrain was well informed about Tansen and his singing-bringing rain.
You May Also Like:
- Haiku-245 (The House Of Love Is On Fire)
- Haiku-246 ( Has It Struck Root?)
- Haiku-247 ( Biting Trend Increased.)
- Haiku-248 ( Dust-Storm Makes Me Blind)
- Haiku-249 ( Love Is Fishy)
- Haiku-250 ( Love Is Such Tree When Has Flowered)
- Haiku-251 ( I Have No Other Watch Than You)
- Haiku-252 (Hatred Rather Good)