Biography Judith Viorst
Judith Viorst was born 1931 and raised in New Jersey. She is a graduate of Rutgers University. In 1960 she married her husband Milton Viorst and moved to Washington, D.C.; she has lived there ever since. In 1981 she graduated from Washington Psychoanalytic Insitute.
- She has three sons: two lawyers and one realtor.
- Received the Albert Einstein College of Medicine Award in 1975
- Her book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day was turned into a movie.
- Georgia Picture Book Award, 1977
- Silver Pencil Award, 1973
- Christopher Award, 1988
Some Major Works
Sunday Morning, 1968
Thy It Againm Sam: Safety When You Walk, 1970
The Tenth Good Thing about Barney, 1971
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, 1972
Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday, 1978
Super-Completely and Totally the Messiest, 2000
Just in Case, 2006