The Riddle of Strider is a poem by Bilbo Baggins in honour of Aragorn, written when Aragorn first revealed his true identity to Bilbo.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
You May Also Like:
- Upon The Hearth The Fire Is Red
- The Road Goes Ever On
- Out of doubt, out of dark, to the day’s rising
- Sing now, ye people of the Tower of Anor
- To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying
- Long live the Halflings! Praise them with great praise!
- In western lands beneath the Sun
- Silver flow the streams from Celos to Erui