What shall I render to Thy name
Or how Thy praises speak?
My thanks how shall I testify?
O Lord, Thou know’st I’m weak.
I owe so much, so little can
Return unto Thy name,
Confusion seizes on my soul,
And I am filled with shame.
O Thou that hearest prayers, Lord,
To Thee shall come all flesh
Thou hast me heard and answered,
My plaints have had access.
What did I ask for but Thou gav’st?
What could I more desire?
But thankfulness even all my days
I humbly this require.
Thy mercies, Lord, have been so great
In number numberless,
Impossible for to recount
Or any way express.
O help Thy saints that sought Thy face
T’ return unto Thee praise
And walk before Thee as they ought,
In strict and upright ways.
You May Also Like:
- An Apology
- The Four Seasons Of The Year.
- To The Memory Of My Dear And Ever Honoured Father Thomas Dudley Esq; Who Deceased, July 31. 1653. An
- For The Restoration Of My Dear Husband From A Burning Ague, June, 1661.
- An Epitaph On My Dear And Ever Honoured Mother Mrs. Dorothy Dudley, Who Deceased Decemb. 27. 1643. A
- Davids Lamentation For Saul And Jonathan.
- For Deliverance From A Feaver.
- To The Memory Of My Dear Daughter In Law, Mrs. Mercy Bradstreet, Who Deceased Sept. 6. 1669. In The
Leave a Reply