A worthy Matron of unspotted life,
A loving Mother and obedient wife,
A friendly Neighbor, pitiful to poor,
Whom oft she fed, and clothed with her store;
To Servants wisely aweful, but yet kind,
And as they did, so they reward did find:
A true Instructer of her Family,
The which she ordered with dexterity.
The publick meetings ever did frequent,
And in her Closet constant hours she spent;
Religious in all her words and wayes,
Preparing still for death, till end of dayes:
Of all her Children, Children, liv’d to see,
Then dying, left a blessed memory.
You May Also Like:
- In Thankful Remembrance
- An Apology
- The Four Seasons Of The Year.
- To The Memory Of My Dear And Ever Honoured Father Thomas Dudley Esq; Who Deceased, July 31. 1653. An
- For The Restoration Of My Dear Husband From A Burning Ague, June, 1661.
- Davids Lamentation For Saul And Jonathan.
- For Deliverance From A Feaver.
- To The Memory Of My Dear Daughter In Law, Mrs. Mercy Bradstreet, Who Deceased Sept. 6. 1669. In The
Leave a Reply